zondag 8 juni 2014

Busan

Wednesday I didn’t really do anything worth mentioning so I’m just going to skip to Thursday.
On Thursday we went to Busan with the class.
And I couldn’t believe my eyes when I looked outside the window that morning because the sky was pretty dark and really clouded.
Yet we were still going to Busan (To the beach ect) so I was really surprised.
Everyone from our class was in the bus except Li Soo Rin.
No Idea why.

Anyway one of the teachers started a long dialogue about our trip to Busan which was ALL in Korean.
So I understood half of the story.
Knowing time is essential for going on a trip if you have a planning you have to follow..
Yet telling the time in our book is more than a chapter away..
So I just depended on the paper I got which had all the times and locations on them.

The bus trip took about 2 hours to get to Busan so I ended up sleeping a lot of the time.
We went to the dragon temple first.
I’ve been here with Minji 2 years ago (2 times actually).
One time in the evening when the temple was already closed and one time during sunset which was really beautiful.
I remembered the route quite well and since I already saw a lot of the things there I made my way to the actual temple really quickly.

I was amazed about how everyone seemed to be much closer than in classes.
I took a lot of pictures with my classmates.
I took a picture with the Vietnamese guy I mentioned earlier.
And I even took a picture with my roommate.
I still have to ask everyone to send me their pictures.

After the dragon temple we went to Haeundae beach and it felt SO weird to me.
Normally I only go to Haeundae during festival season so now that the huge stage, sunny weather and loads of people were missing.. it felt different.
There were still enough people there because this weekend will be the Sand Sculpture festival and they were still getting everything ready for opening on Friday.
This way we were still able to see a few sand sculptures.

I went to the market together with my Japanese classmates.
It surprised me how we were still able to communicate using Korean, a bit of Japanese and a bit of English. We went to this place who sold a variety of stews and a lot of side dishes for 5000 won.
It seemed like a good deal so we went in.
Apparently it was a good deal because when we went in we ran into our teachers.
The teachers chose the exact same restaurant to have lunch.
I am not lying when I say our entire table was full of food!

For some reason I can handle spicy food so much better than I did 2 years ago.
My classmate Ami had a bit of trouble with the Kimchi Jjigae because it was quite spicy.
Maybe because it’s one of my favourite dishes I’m able to handle it well.

After that we explored the market some more and saw people preparing their seafood as fresh as they could: still living.
We returned to Haeundae bach to go to Apec house (BUT I SWEAR MY TEACHERS PRONOUNCE IT LIKE EPIC HOUSE)
I kind of expected a lot since I heard the view there was supposed to be pretty amazing.
While waiting we came across Ajusshi.
Ayaka told him that he was NAPPEUDA! (which means bad)
But he just repeated the word and nodded.
Ayaka turned to me and said : “He doesn’t understand.”
To which I agreed since.. it’s Ajusshi.
It’s what he does every single day.
So I spent a few minutes laughing because Ajusshi is so clueless.
If Ajusshi was on the Chinese Blue’s Clues (TV show), he would be a perfect Steve.

We walked the same road as I did in 2012 with my friends.
Good feelings of nostalgia came over me when we walked along the sea.
It was good since we were able to talk to our teacher some more and we could actually practice the Korean that we knew.
When we got to Apec house.. it seemed promising.
Until we got inside that is.
Because almost everything near the window is off limits, you are not even able to make photos of the beautiful view.
Which sucked.
We went through the whole thing pretty quickly and in the end we were even late.
We picked up the rest of the people at Haeundae and we continued our journey back towards our school.

When I got back to my dorm I seriously had SUCH a long conversation with my roommate about so many different subjects. I swear we talked for like 2 hours.
It turns out my roommate is better in English than I thought.

Even though the weather wasn’t that nice.. I still had a great time with my classmates.
I can’t wait till the next excursion.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten