donderdag 12 juni 2014

Duryu Saturday

On Saturday I figured I would explore Daegu some more.
I have been to quite a few Daegu tourist attractions but somehow I never went to Duryu Park before.
Duryu Park seemed like a good choice.
By the way, remember how that lady said they would disinfect our floor on Saturday at 9?
NOPE, never happened.
I was in my room until somewhat over 10 and no one ever showed up.
Anyway.
I headed off to Yeungnam University by bus.
Luckily I knew how to get there because of the Daegu Bank thing from last time.
I took the metro to Duryu and got off.
I could’ve sworn I’ve been to this station before though..  (2012 maybe?)
But I couldn’t remember for what.

(BY THE WAY)
RANT!
I don’t understand how our dorm cafeteria works!
It shouldn’t be open on Saturdays but sometimes it is and I NEVER know how that works.
So today I expected it to be open like last week but it wasn’t and I was craving Naengmyun so bad.
WHY. WHY do places and people never do what their signs says.
Maybe I just missed the overruling signs again.. I don’t know..

It came in quite handy that we studied places in Korean class because that helped me get to the right exit.
On my way to Duryu park I came across E-world, which is Daegu’s amusement park.
I always thought it was on top of some big mountain but that seemed like a big joke when I actually walked past there.
It’s a large hill at most and it can’t even be compared with a mountain.
I really want to go there some time but to be honest it’s quite expensive.
And it’s kind of weird to go to an amusement park by yourself.

I walked past a park and I figured HEY.. this must be Duryu park.
This is a park.. I’m in Duryu.. it should make sense right?
I really wish they did a better job on directions for it though.
When I was walking towards the ‘’park’’ I was not even sure if it was the actual park.
To this point I’m still not quite sure.
Why?
Well it’s probably because I had quite high expectations of this park since it’s probably the most well-known park in Daegu.
But.. it didn’t live up to my expectations.
The temple in Duryu Park is beautiful though.
It’s on a hill and that means the view Is just amazing.
Other than that.. Daegu University Campus is a better ‘’park’’ if you ask me.

Another thing that I DID like about Duryu Park is the option to be able to rent a bike.
The place was full with people riding bikes everywhere.
It kind of reminded me of my home country in a way.
People seemed to be having a lot of fun and children were trying so hard to ride their bikes as fast as they could.
I figured if I just walked In a circle I would be able to get back to the place I got off.
Boy was I wrong.
I spent my time walking back the long way with nothing but gas stations and tire shops.
Streets full of hairdressers and Telecommunication stores.

When I was FINALLY going in the right direction I came across a Homeplus.
I figured they might have a CD store in there.
Again, a disappointment.
BUT! I was able to find a Korea World championships shirt!
Of course I bought it.
I figured.. “Hey, If I am going to spend the whole summer in Korea.. might as well support the team.’’
Luckily Korea and the Netherlands are not in the same group! HAHA.
That would be terrible.
Now I think of it.. I have to figure out what time and when the matches for my country are.
When not supporting Korea, I will be supporting my own country of course.

When I came back from the park I only realized how sunburned I was until I got back to my dorm.
I think I have never been THAT sun burned before.
Duryu Park! YOU ARE NOT WORKING WITH ME HERE.

Anyway.. I was so tired that I went to sleep pretty soon after that.. IN COMPLETE PAIN.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten