zondag 15 juni 2014

Korean food with Lianshi

On Sunday I didn’t really do anything special.
I just slept for a long while.
My roommate asked me to have lunch together so we went off campus.
Too bad on Sunday a lot of places seem to be closed.
We settled for Jindap.
It was so delicious.
I noticed that my roommate didn’t even touch the kimchi or the pickled radish.
I guess even if your Asian you still might not like certain things of a different Asian country’s cuisine.
Until now I like almost every Korean dish so far.
I’m not that crazy about Bimimbap though but it’s not like I can’t eat it.

By the way.
I look like an idiot because of my sunburns.
Because I wore a sleeveless top that goes all the way up to the neck but has open shoulders I now have these ridiculous marks on my back.
I’m still trying to figure out how I am going to tan the rest of my skin when the sunburn completely disappears.
Tanning easily is not always a plus.

After my roommate and me ate our lunch we went to this coffee place.
My roommate proposed the one that had Free wifi.
I ordered Kiwi juice and she ordered Lemon ice tea.
After we got out drinks we just sat down like a couple of social awkward losers though.
She researched Exo. I researched Block B.
My kiwi juice tasted amazing though, probably going to go back there soon.

When we got back outside my roommate explained to me that because she had Lemon ice tea she has to stay out of the sun. She immediately used her umbrella to hide from the sun.
She told me that because she drank something with a lot of vitamin C the sun would easily adapt to your skin and you will tan quicker and become darker skinned.
That’s quite funny because I heard that lemon has a bleaching effect on hair.
Of course not dramatically but for example: if you are blonde your hair will turn a bit lighter blond eventually.
At least.. that’s what I’ve heard.

By the way.
You guys must be like ‘’WHY DO YOU KEEP CALLING HER ROOMMATE, when she obviously has a name’’
Right.
Her Chinese name is easy to pronounce but hard to write.. I guess I will give my own little twist to it.
From now on I will refer to her as : Lianshi because that’s what her name sounds like to me when people pronounce it.
It’s actually written as Li Yuan Xi but hey my Chinese isn’t the best.

Like 3 hours later we ordered chicken together but it was WAY too much for us too finish.
We had more than half left and we couldn’t eat any more.
Wow. That was a waste of food and money.
Even though I couldn’t eat a lot it was still really good.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten