zondag 22 juni 2014

Study, My Charming Roommate and World Cup issues.

Monday
Today was a really fun day for class.
Even though we studied a hard subject.
We had to study about object or place positions like : in the box, in front of the box, behind the box and so on.
I think this is not easy and I definitely need more time to study.
Recently I have been worried about my studies more because every time I finish class I feel like I should have studied more the day before.
I end up doing more fun stuff than I actually study.

Today our teacher had the usual powerpoint where you have to answer the questions.
One question was : How is Hwi Hao (Ajusshi)?
So I said Fun and Loud and the whole class chuckled.
Ayaka said bad and bad!
The funny thing about this is that Ajusshi had NO idea what was going on so he kept looking at everyone confused and he was trying to ask Li Soo Rin what was happening.
The great thing was that Soo Rin never answered so everyone just kept laughing at the confused Ajusshi.

After that the teacher asked us questions about where in the room an object was or who was sitting next to us.
Then the teacher asked Ami:
What is behind you?
Ami looked behind here and said ‘’nothing’’.
But the teacher was like ‘’NO! There is definitely something.’’
So everyone started to look if there was something behind Ami that she could’ve missed.
Suddenly the teacher started to make horror movie sounds (the sound that usually plays when there is someone behind you).
It was so cool how Ami wasn’t even scared.
She just said: “There is no ghost..’’

Tuesday
I swear we are getting tests almost every single day now.
I never scored under 70% so far but still every time I finish a test I feel like I could’ve done better.
Most of the time they are stupid mistakes where I had the correct answer to begin with but then I changed it in the end and got it wrong.

We have a big test coming up next Friday.
It’s a test where we have to be able to write, read, understand and be able to say everything that is in chapter 1 – 13.
Which means half of the book.
At the end of the course we get a test for the remaining 15-30 chapters.
I have to study hard if I want to pass this course.

Today my roommate said there would be a guy coming over and asked me if I minded.
Of course I didn’t mind but I was kind of curious about this guy and about her ‘’relationship’’ with this guy.
I thought to myself : ‘’I wouldn’t even care if a whole group of Chinese guys would come in.
Which for some reason.. happened.
I swear at some point there were like 5 guys in our room.. and the guy that she mentioned was there fixing her Wifi.
I thought it was the funniest thing ever.
My roommate is obviously that kind of girl : a girl who uses her charm to get guys to fix her computer.
It was like she told him ‘’You can see our room and my roommate if one of you fixes my Wifi’’

Wednesday
On Wednesday we had one of the student teacher.
I now realize that I forgot to mention this earlier: For some reason we sometimes have student teachers who observe during our lessons.
I guess they thought training them with foreigners is better than to train them with kindergarten students.

I had to get used to her style of teaching since my other 2 teachers are always so energetic and they talk really really loud.
So this way I have to make less effort to understand because the words are almost being yelled at you.
Which I actually prefer.
But of course this teacher is just a student and I think it was her first time with an actual class and she did well regardless.

I planned to go bowling with Nozomi and her friends but somehow we weren’t able to meet.
I was a bit late (about 3 or 4 minutes) because I had to go to the bank to get money otherwise I couldn’t even go bowling.
Because I didn’t have any contact information I wasn’t able to reach her and I couldn’t find her anymore.
I was pretty frustrated because I couldn’t believe they would leave at 2 exactly.
But there was no point in waiting more because I already explored the area we were supposed to meet for like 20 minutes so eventually I gave up and went to Daegu Downtown instead.
Where I bought some really cheap but cute clothes.

I bought an orange shirt and some permanent name pens at Hottracks so I could design my own Netherlands shirt, which I could wear during the World Championships.


Friday
After class I quickly went  to the spot I always go to for Wifi and made a reservation in a hotel.
Why?
Because my country had to play their first match against Spain and I really wanted to see it.
The dorm has a curfew and you basically can’t do anything after midnight and wifi doesn’t really work in my room either.
So I went towards Daegu downtown again and checked in the hotel.
I went to this hotel every year so far since the rooms are really cheap for what you get.
The rooms are spacious, there is a giant TV, there is a computer and the beds are really comfortable.

I planned to go to a certain E-mart that was really near to my hotel because on the website of KTO (Korean Tourism Organisation) it said they had records and I really wanted to go to a different place than Hottracks in Daegu Downtown. The hottracks in Seoul have a bigger collection and I was able to find less known groups that I like there. But here in Daegu it’s really hard to find for example : the new N-Sonic album.
But when I finally got to E-mart and saw the record section that wasn’t even a meter big I was really disappointed.
I really have to find a CD-store, an old school one where I can maybe also find some No Brain (Korean Punk Band) CD’s.
I’ll have to research some more on this.

I went back to the Dongseongno area and ate some food at Burger King.
I wasn’t really in the mood for any Korean food but in the end I was kind of disappointed I went to Burger King again.
Maybe I should’ve just gotten pasta somewhere instead.
Then I went for Noraebang again.
I seriously love Noraebang and it’s a good way for me to improve on my Korean.
This way I can improve myself on my hangul reading and my pronunciation.
Because the words come so fast I really have to concentrate to be able to pronounce them correctly and at the right time.
I paid 10.000 won but suddenly when my time was almost over this women came in and asked for my passport.
I left my passport at my hotel and I was confused why she wanted it in the first place.
It’s just noraebang.
But then she said she wanted to know my age so I figured I would just show her my Health Insurance card and after that she quickly left.
I am 23 you guys, c’mon.
Why would a foreigner even come here alone when they’re under 20?

So then I went back to my hotel to rest a bit and to sleep because I wanted to wake up before 4 AM so I could see the match.
the Netherlands versus Spain.
So I was ready to watch, it was 4 AM.
I remember Spain making the first goal.. and then.. I fell asleep.
I can’t believe I fell asleep.
I woke up at 8 o’clock because of a horrendous stomach ache and I realized I missed the other 75 minutes of the match. Since Spain made the first goal I was already expecting we would’ve lost because I fell asleep with that image.
Then I went online to check the score and..
5-1 victory for the Netherlands.
WHAT HAPPENED while I was asleep? I had to watch the recap to see it for myself.
5 terrific goals from our side, the crowd going wild and the players freaking out.
I missed all that.
I still can’t believe I fell asleep.

Saturday and Sunday.
To be honest I planned to do a lot on the weekend but in the end my stomach ache got so bad that I didn’t do any of those.
So instead I spent my time skyping and studying for my test as well.
Sorry.. I wish I could’ve done more interesting stuff on my weekend but in the end it didn’t go as I wanted it to go.
Too bad..

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten